If you are contemplating to rent a photocopier for your business, then you are at the right place.
Dubai is inarguably one of the most technologically advanced cities in the world. The uptake of latest technology products is highest in Dubai as compared to most of the cities in the world. On that note, we at Laptop Rental UAE intend to keep our customers updated on the latest electronic products and help you make the well-informed decisions and smart choices. Through this article, we hope to give you an insight on photocopiers, their niche use and expect to guide you through choosing the right photocopier to meet your requirement.
If you are the one to make sensible choices and like to make latest products a part of your daily work routine, then first and foremost, digital photocopiers are the answer. As opposed to the analog photocopiers, which are though available in the market, the digital copiers are way ahead in terms of functionality. The services the latest multi-functional digital copiers offer of late are not just limited to copying; they also present with services like scanning, printing, faxing, downloading and emailing ( with internet connectivity of course).
Here are the takeaways of digital copiers over the older models
Print speed: While the older models of photocopier used to churn out around 30 pages per minute, the latest digital copiers have a scope of printing 22-100 pages per minute. Moreover, the warm-up speed is also brought down ranging anywhere between 3.5 to 7.5 seconds
Print Volume: The paper sources of the copier machines are trays or cassettes. While the basic models are capable of accommodating 100 sheets in the tray and around 250 in a cassette, the premium models can accommodate 500 sheets in the tray and up to 2000 in the cassette.
Graphic Capabilities: While the Analog models offer an image resolution of 600 x 600 dpi, digital models are capable of producing an impressive 4,800 x 600 dpi.
Paper size: The digital copiers are capable of printing on a large variety of paper sizes ranging from an envelope size and go up to as big as 13 x 19 inches.
Types of Digital Copiers
First off, you should evaluate the use of the photocopier, how much volume are you looking at and how hard pressed for time you are. Taking these factors into consideration, you might be able to take the right decision while choosing the photocopier.
1. Monochrome digital copier: These are the most basic photocopiers in the genre of digital copiers. They tend to provide all the functionalities like copying, printing, faxing and scanning; however, they fail in providing the graphical capabilities. These are ideal for small businesses which can accommodate 100 sheets in tray and 550 in a cassette. They churn out 30-140 ppm.
2. Digital color copier: These photocopiers have a marked space in the category of copiers. They are capable of printing 40-90 ppm with the capacity to house 1000 sheets in the tray and 500-1500 sheets in the cassette. These a capable of producing classy prints ideal for marketing use in large companies with the resolution ranging from 600 x 600 dpi to 2,400 x 600 dpi.
3. All-in-one copier: These copiers are targeted for small business and home office use offering the basic functionalities of print, scan, and copy. These are more often than not, desktop models presenting with the resolution of up to 1200 x 600 dpi.
4. Multi-functional copiers: The market share of this product is essentially more than the rest of the category of copiers, however, they tend to be like the Jack of all trades, but do not master in any of those. They, at a minimum, offer the services of printing, copying, and scanning.
Copier Rental vs. Buying
Finally, we have arrived at the section where there are no hard and fast rules. However, one thing is for sure that on an average a decent photocopier is very expensive. Apart from the fact that Dubai offers a wide range of rental options and prefer to stay updated in terms of technology, which is why people in Dubai opt for renting over purchasing; there are a few things we have worked out for you.
• Renting offers the option of shirking away from the responsibility of disposing of the product once it depreciates.
• Tax incentives are for one, you can claim if you rent a copier.
• Staying updated with the technology is something you cannot ignore, as the value of any electronic product beyond 5 years is questionable.
With all these benefits, the real question is whether you can still make a right decision while weighing the options as to leasing or buying a photocopier. The bottom line is what kind of usage are you looking at as the buy or lease of the photocopier essentially depends on the estimated use.
Let us say, it costs around 7 fils for a color page in Dubai, and your monthly average for printing is 200 copies per month, costing around AED 1680 in a yearly contract, which you can get it for around AED 550 at Laptop Rental UAE. Now, let’s compare this with the average cost of a decent digital photocopier, which could be around AED 5000
and might be able to produce around 20 ppm. The math is right before you and it is your call at the end of the day.
For more details on the Photocopier rentals and to take an intelligent decision while choosing the right copier for your use, talk to our experts at Laptop Rental UAE at +971 55 5279076.